Re: replace symbolic package on Octave-Forge

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: replace symbolic package on Octave-Forge
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 07:57:11 +0000

On 07/01/15 23:13, Colin Macdonald wrote:
On 07/01/15 22:06, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Is there anything that could be done to convince you to try Mercurial?
It's helpful to have a single VCS for Octave, and Mercurial is what we
use for Octave itself.

I'll think about it.

(-) My "other upstream" (SymPy) uses git.

(-) I'm not sure I can handle the mental load of working with
     both (I use git for other projects).

(+) Maybe being on hg attracts extra help from Octave community.

(+) I do like the more patch-based philosophy of hg.

Perhaps I could experiment a bit with git-hg or hg-git.

Colin

Having had to learn both Mercurial and Git, all I can say is, try mercurial, you'll never look back. It's like Git, but designed for humans. The 'mental load' you refer to is a Git problem.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.