GSoC, anyone?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: GSoC, anyone?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:58:08 -0500

Should we try to do GSoC again this year? I'm not so sure if we should
or not. Our results have been mixed in past years, with very low
success rate. Our students have passed their evaluations, but almost
none of them have stayed after GSoC nor have we merged in a lot of
useful GSoC code. Either we're doing something very wrong that we need
to fix before we try again, or GSoC is not for us.

Thoughts?

- Jordi G. H.