Re: GSoC, anyone?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: GSoC, anyone?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 07:35:37 -0500

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9 January 2015 at 09:32, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think, though, that Jordi's concern was rather
> about the low success rate in getting students
> involved in the long term than about the usability
> of their code.
>
> I don't have an answer to that, ideas anyone?

If we want them to stay after the summer project, it doesn't help that their
contributions end up not being used are mostly ignore by the rest.  During
the summer they are being paid and have to work but if after that, why would
they waste their time if they feel that no one cares about what they will do?

Doesn't mean that all students will stay after, but I'd guess that feeling
useful would help.

Carnë

I agree with Carne 100%

--