Re: Google Summer Of Code, TISEAN package

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Google Summer Of Code, TISEAN package
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:57:56 +0100

Hello Dag,

The work is quite simple if you are familiar with Fortran and C++ Octave API.
The idea is to produce oct files for all the functions provided in the
TISEAN package.
The interface of these functions is adapted to a file based input and
has a lot of "Fortranity" on it, so the signature of some function
will need some redesign.
It is not an intensive work.

Also notice that your statistician skill wont be very useful at this
point , because we are not developing the package further, we are just
updating its interface to make it usable in Octave. the package could
be further developed,of course, but the first step is to bring it back
from the crypt. If you haven't used the package before or read the
book, you might find it very interesting (not required though).

If you have other ideas related to porting this package to Octave,
please let me know.

I am CCing the mailing list, please keep all the communication within
the mailing list.

Cheers

PS: also note that as a community we are interested on developers that
might stick around after the complete their GSoC project. Would you
like to stay as a maintainer of this package and help with the
development of Octave?