Re: error when installing io package

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error when installing io package
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:14:49 -0600

On 01/15/2015 11:07 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:

I understand why the different directories for the two types of files, I
don't think the problem lies there.  Another solution could be to allow two
different PKG_ADD packages per package, one for oct files and another for
m files (but then what happens when the each directory is dependent on the
other?).

Couldn't the PKG_ADD file check to see whether the dependent directory is in the load path (or functions that it will call are available) and it not add the dependent directory before proceeding?

Or, is it possible to just do all of the real work in one PKG_ADD file and the other would just load the dependent directory if needed? That might meed custom creation of the PKG_ADD files instead of generating from PKG_ADD directives in the sources as I think we do now. Or it might require some modification of the current scheme of generating them.