Re: Offscreen rendering with OSMesa and gl2ps

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Offscreen rendering with OSMesa and gl2ps
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 18:00:58 +0100

Am 18.01.2015 um 13:06 schrieb Pantxo:

> Sure, I did try to print invisible figures and it works almost all the time.
> I don't always obtain the same results as you (e.g. in [1] copyobj demo 1,
> the legend is not rendered for me)
> but I suppose it has to do with the Octave executable __gl_print__ is
> compiled against. I used the default 0ctave executable (3.8.1 on my system).
> Should I change the PATH environment variable or is there a better way to
> point to another Octave executable?
> What are the current known limitations (e.g. I see that colorbars are not
> always right)?
>
> [1] tech-chat.de/osmesa_gl2ps_gs_plots/

All plots in [1] were made with Octave 4.1.0+ aka default branch. There
are some plot regressions (like the missing colorbars) which are also
not printed when using the default FLTK backend. Perhaps I should create
a new comarison with OSMesa, FLTK, gnuplot side by side.

__gl_print__ is compiled with mkoctfile so I think the easiest way to
link against a specific Octave version is to explicitly use
mkoctfile-4.1.0+ or mkoctfile-3.8.2.