Re: Mac build script

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Mac build script
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:12:33 -0500

> On Jan 30, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Ian Esten <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a build script nearing completion that builds octave and its
> dependencies. It will be easy to add a packaging stage, too.
>
> The script builds everything and then creates a  self contained app
> bundle. I have all the library relocation(*) working correctly. The
> remaining problem I am facing is that octave seems to be loading oct
> files (and maybe other dynamically loaded code) relative to $prefix as
> passed to configure. The comand line application loads fine, but the
> gui app does not. It tries to dynamically load something that is
> installed under $prefix, which fails because the dynamic code that is
> installed there has not been relocated(*). The dynamic code in
> question is something to do with fltk.
>
> So, my question is: is there a way to override octave looking for
> dynamic libraries under $prefix?
>
> Thanks,
> Ian
>
> * - when I say relocated, I am refering to using install_name_tool to
> make the linker point to the appropriate library in the app bundle.

In the past, I had made a similar effort. I documented much of what I did
hoping it would be useful for others. If I've properly recognized the problem
you've encountered, the link below should be helpful.

http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts#Fixing_.22dyld:_Library_not_loaded.22_Errors

Ben