Qt plot widget improvements

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Qt plot widget improvements
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:27:25 -0500

I have checked in a relatively large change that provides better interaction with the mouse for the Qt plot widget:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/dfea01b3425f

The pan, rotate3d, and zoom functions are now linked with the corresponding button on the Qt plot widget.

The mouse mode can currently be set to "pan", "rotate", or "zoom".

Panning and zooming work with the mouse wheel when the mode is set to pan or zoom, respectively.

When the mouse interaction mode is set to "pan", click and drag panning is possible.

An undo stack is maintained (currently fixed at up to 100 previous axes views). Clicking the right mouse button steps back through the stack. Double-clicking the right button or single-clicking the middle button moves to the oldest element in the stack.

Buttons for toggling the axes and grid are now available.

I also intend to

 * make printing work and provide a button for printing
 * provide separate buttons for zooming in and out
* allow pan and zoom modes for any combination of axes (not just x, y, and x+y)

I tried to adapt the fltk plotting widget to the changes in the pan, rotate3d, and zoom functions but it's possible that I've broken something. If so, please report the problem and I'll try to fix it.