Bug List Review for 4.0 Release

From: Rik
Subject: Bug List Review for 4.0 Release
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:47:30 -0800

2/10/15

Maintainers,

We've completed the first stage of the release process, an open call for
new bugs to be reported.  I've updated the list of important bugs for the
4.0 release at the wiki
(http://wiki.octave.org/Bug_Fix_List_-_4.0_Release).  I've also gone ahead
and crossed off bugs that have been fixed, and also bugs that are not
important enough to delay the 4.0 release.  In general, feature requests
and visual improvements to the GUI have been marked WON'T FIX.  This only
means that they won't be addressed for the 4.0 release, I am not suggesting
that someone's favorite bug report not eventually get solved.

The list of remaining bugs is still quite long.  Until Saturday, 2/14,
maintainers are free to edit the list and decide that certain bugs are not
a priority.  Mark these with WON'T FIX and the strike-through tags <strike>
... </strike>.  The less work we have to do, the faster we can get 4.0 out
to the world.  In addition, please feel free to sign up for any bug now or
on Saturday.

--Rik