Re: Octave-Forge changes for 4.0 release

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge changes for 4.0 release
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:59:42 -0800

On 02/13/2015 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:52:15PM +0000, Carnë Draug wrote:
> Hi
>
> the ismatrix function in Octave will change for the new version 4.0.
> Currently, this function returns true if it is a numeric, logical, or
> character array with any number of dimensions.  The new version will
> return true if the object has two dimensions even if it is a cell or
> struct array.
>
>     WARNING: ismatrix() will return true for a struct and false for
>             ND numeric arrays.
>
> I quickly grepped Octave Forge for ismatrix and it is used in most of the
> packages.  Would be nice if this is fixed in the packages
Done for optim and parallel,

> and there were
> new released of them before Octave 4.0.
but no new releases yet. Is now already a good time to finally check
packages for Octave 4.0 compatibility? Or should we take the time when
Octaves test tarballs are out?

You are better off to wait until the 4.0 test tarballs arrive.  I can't say, but there might be further changes.

--Rik