Re: Unit tests for package oct-files

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Unit tests for package oct-files
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:23:10 -0500

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 19:59:34 +0100, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
> I added unit tests to the *.cc files of a package. After installing the
> package I was not able to execute the tests, because the sources could not
> be found by the test.m script.
[...]
> How should unit tests from packages be installed?

That is correct, there is not currently a solution for tests in source
files of Octave packages.

See (and help resolve!) the following open bugs:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41215
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41298

I believe that your option C is what I described in bug #41298, and I
believe that is the right way to go.

IMHO, I will still write my tests in .cc files and use them while
doing development, with the understanding that the tests are not
available to be run after the package is installed.

--
mike