turning "Octave:broadcast" warning off by default

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: turning "Octave:broadcast" warning off by default
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:59:32 +0000

Hi

automatic broadcast was introduced in 3.6 and at the time we enabled
warnings by default because it was very new.  This is not true anymore.
Should we turn it off by default for 4.0?

The reason is that I am starting to turn off the warnings a lot (at the
moment, there's 8 instances in the image package).  The "local" option
for warning makes things easier but still, should Octave be issuing
warnings for making use of syntax features that are being used the
way they were meant to be used?

Not only is turning off the warning more verbose than calling bsxfun
explicitely, it also gives the idea that automatic broadcasting is
something not recommended (warnings usually means that you're probably
doing something wrong, and turning off the warning means "I know this is
probably the wrong thing, but do it anyway").

Ideas?

Carnë