Re: Early release candidates

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Early release candidates
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 23:06:03 -0600

On 02/18/2015 03:54 PM, Rik wrote:
2/18/15

All,

In the past Octave has used a linear release strategy as documented here
(http://wiki.octave.org/4.0_Release_Checklist).

This works fine and avoids unnecessary rework such as when the translation
files change multiple times which would otherwise require multiple calls
for translation.  However I predict that this release is going to require a
longer testing cycle with more release candidates than usual until we work
out the bugs in the MXE-Octave Windows distribution.  I propose that next
Wednesday (2/25) we start producing release candidates to begin the testing
cycle.  While that testing is going on, and discovering bugs, we can finish
off some of the other activities like code cleanup, documentation review,
Octave-Forge package testing, and GUI string translation.

Reasonable?

The bugs are multiplying like Tribbles, man.

Dan