Re: Octave web update

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Octave web update
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:38:57 +0100

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 4:27 AM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 12:57:25 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> The web site is actually a CVS repo:
>>
>>     https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=octave
>>
>> I believe that all of us with Octave membership on Savannah actually
>> have the ability to edit this repo and hence edit our web pages.
>
> Ah, ok. Yes, looks like I can at least check out, thanks. So committing
> to cvs updates the site automatically? Does the root directory of the
> cvs repo have to be the root directory of the site? Does it have to be
> cvs? :)
>
> I now have the new web site design running at
>
>   https://mtmxr.com/octave-beta/
>
> Please take a look everyone, let me know what needs to be fixed, what
> you like and don't like, etc. Yes, there are some broken links, and the
> news items are way out of date. I'll be hacking on this and updating it
> periodically.
>
> --
> mike

Mike,

Thanks alot. I am not sure exactly what kind of comments you are
looking for. I just read the content and did not find much things to
change, indeed only this small suggestion. In the sentence
"You should also not be surprised when your requests for help are ignored."
in the "right expectations section" I would write
"You should also not be surprised if your requests for help are ignored."

I will keep checking the site.