Re: netcdf 1.0.5 released

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: netcdf 1.0.5 released
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:23:31 +0000

On 21 February 2015 at 15:13, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 02/20/2015 02:40 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> a new release of the netcdf package [1] is out, version 1.0.5, by
>> Alexander Barth.
>> A summary of important user-visible changes is also available online [2].
>>
>> This package provides a Matlab compatible NetCDF interface for Octave.
>>
>> Enjoy Octave responsibly,
>> Carnë
>>
>> [1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/netcdf/
>> [2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/netcdf/NEWS.html
>

> According to my records, the older version was also 1.0.5.  Since I
> maintain the FreeBSD ports, and they always like us to double check if
> the version number stays the same, but the tar ball changes, can you
> confirm for me that this isn't some clever ruse to put spyware on
> FreeBSD computers?

It is not a ruse to put spyware on FreeBSD computers but you are right,
the 1.0.5 seems to have been released already last year [1]. I will put the
package down (and the old one back up), until the package maintainer
re-releases it under another version number.

Thank you for noticing and reporting, and apologies for the trouble.

Carnë

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2014-06/msg00335.html