Re: Internal functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Internal functions
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:19:17 -0500

On 02/24/2015 01:04 PM, Rik wrote:
2/24/15

All,

I'm trying to update the documentation to include all user-visible
functions.  The following functions are not in the manual, but do not have
the internal '__' prefix and suffix.

db_next_breakpoint_quiet
have_window_system
open_with_system_app

Does anyone have an objection to making these internal functions?

I thought have_window_system was intended to be public, but maybe we have too many ways of asking this question now?

I also notice that

help open_with_system_app

  -- Loadable Function:  __w32_shell_execute__ (FILE)
      Undocumented internal function.

So the documentation name is wrong and it sure looks like this is meant to
be an internal function.

I changed the name and didn't do a complete job of it. This function could be public as it is slightly different from "open" and might be useful to call directly. The open function first filters out things like .mat or .m files first, then calls open_with_system_app on anything else. But maybe it doesn't make sense from inside Octave to try to call open_with_system_app on files that Octave can handle itself. I guess it doesn't matter to me.