Re: Icons for the GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Icons for the GUI
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:29:26 -0500

On 02/24/2015 03:12 PM, Torsten wrote:
On 16.02.2015 18:54, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 02/14/2015 06:09 AM, Torsten wrote:

What about the window-icons of the gui's dock-widgets? Currently, these
are 32x32 png files in libgui/src/icons. I guess they should also be
available as svg only in the repository.

I think it would be preferable if they can also be generated in various
sizes as required from some resolution independent format.

Overall, I think we need to take a look at the icons we are using and
try to come up with a consistent set.  It currently seems as though we
have a random collection of various icons.  Some are color, others are
not and they don't appear to me as if they have any kind of consistent
styling.

What do you think of the tango icon set (http://tango.freedesktop.org/)?
Since qt has an svg icon engine (I have not yet tested it) we could
directly use the svg-icons included in the tango set.

Is there a location for a full set of samples? From what I've seen they look OK to me and certainly more consistent than what we currently have.