Re: Octave - Ngspice interface

From: A.R. Burgers
Subject: Re: Octave - Ngspice interface
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:08:28 +0100

Marco Atzeri schreef op 2014-09-19 om 14:52:
On 19/09/2014 14:41, Kozma, Endre wrote:
On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 20:03 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:

I could build the shared package for cygwin, but it seems that the code
is at list of version 26 is still immature.

Marco

Thanks, now it seems that the user will be forced to build/install the
library by self.
The version 26 is still immature but once it will be the stable version,
and the shared library is only provided by this version. On the other
hand, as I see, the library and the interactive application are
independent from each other. Thus e.g. I use the version 24 of the
interactive Ngspice application (binary package installed from the
official distro repository) and the library of version 26 built by me.

Endre

for what I can see, the usual program version and the shared lib are mutually
exclusive in the ngspice build sequence.
That makes very complicated the distribution of a binary package
for both.
I raised the issue on ngspice development list

Regards
Marco

I built Endre Kozma's interface between octave and ngspice.
Both on cygwin and linux.
It works really well! Easy and fast retrieval of ngspice's simulation results.

I did indeed need to rebuild ngspice from the source package
with cygport, configuring --with-ngshared, then builds just fine,
creating the libngspice* libraries.
(and you need to include the *.cm files in the rebase procedure).

Hope the next version of cygwin's ngspice will have the shared option enabled.

Teun Burgers