Re: Query for project on improving matrix functions

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Query for project on improving matrix functions
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:18:10 -0500

On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 22:43 +0530, Mudit Sharma wrote:
> What will be the programming competency test for the project to
> Improve logm, sqrtm, funm functions?

There is no programming competency test. We are not going to give you
grades or marks. Instead, assuming Octave gets selected as a mentoring
organisation, we are going to subjectively attempt to discover if you
are able to do the task or not. A way to convince us that you can do
the task is to do a small part of it.

So, show us code that suggests that you're able to improve those
functions.

- Jordi G. H.