Re: New Member

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: New Member
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 06:01:38 -0800 (PST)

What kind of assistance do you need? The GSoC is about having own ideas of
how to improve the software. You for sure get help from your Mentor and
anyone on this mailing-list, if you struggle with how to get your ideas
done. But without own ideas I don't think you chose the right project. Some
generic things you might study on your own are for example:

- What of my GSoC project is already implemented in Octave? Write a blog
about it.
- How can I realize the desired functionality with Octave (m-files, c++
files, a Octave-forge package, ...)
- Create prototypes of your functionality.
- Look for online resources for your task (scientific papers, toolboxes
already implementing this functionality, ...)
- ...

Kai