Re: 4.0 release date

From: Rik
Subject: Re: 4.0 release date
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:21:45 -0800

On 03/02/2015 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: Release 4.0.0
From:
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
Date:
03/02/2015 08:23 AM
To:
Johan Beke <address@hidden>
CC:
"address@hidden" <address@hidden>
7bit
Message:
7

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 14:56 +0000, Johan Beke wrote:
> Is there any known release date for the 4.0.0 version?
No, we don't follow a schedule. "Soon" is all we have.

- Jordi G. H.

It will be "soon" and things are progressing well.  As an upper bound, 12 weeks, but it might be much sooner.  We do expect to start having Release Candidates with Windows binaries very soon (< 1 week).  If you can test those by downloading and installing them that will be helpful.

--Rik