Re: generate_html: utf-8 texinfo broken

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: generate_html: utf-8 texinfo broken
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 00:04:20 +0100

Julien Bect-2 wrote:
Le 06/03/2015 20:15, Philip Nienhuis a écrit :

That broke a few things :-)

I'm trying to generate html for the linear-algebra package and that
breaks in html_help_text.m as the fix assumes there's always a charset
defined. In many texinfo headers there isn't.
As a consequence L.91 of html_help_text errors out.

Changeset attached,

Philip
... [show rest of quote]

Even without your patch, I can generate the html doc for linear-algebra
with no error. Perhaps do we use different versions of makeinfo (mine in
v5.2) ?

That's odd.
The stanza I patched is guaranteed to break if the regexp above it returns an empty tmp variable (as an empty var cannot be indexed twice successively, and surely not with indices equal to 1).

My only explanations for that are that:
- either your code somehow didn't enter the "texinfo" case in the switch stmt, - or, you just used on older html_help_text.m version that didn't contain your own changes.

Anyway, it is solved.

Thanks,

Philip