Re: Problem in parse-tree/lex.ll when make-checking

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Problem in parse-tree/lex.ll when make-checking
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 07:43:15 -0800 (PST)

Julien Bect-2 wrote
> Le 05/03/2015 08:35, Julien Bect a écrit :
>> [...]
>>
>> Ok, I think I have found it. The test is attached.
>
> Oooops, sorry, I forgot the attachment. But you can see the test in the
> mail anyway.
>
>> # ./run-octave --no-gui
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> parse-tree/lex.ll :2697 : void octave_base_lexer::handle_number():
>> l'assertion « nread == 1 » a échoué.
>> panic: Abandon -- stopping myself...
>> Abandon (core dumped)
>
> One more detail : I first ran into this problem while running "make
> check" as root.
>
> The isolated failure reported in my previous email was also obtained
> while running as root.
>
> If I run the same test as an ordinary user, I don't see the failure any
> more.
>
> HTH...

A bug report on this issue has been filed [1]. As the reporter also had
non-english locale, I tried myself and found that the segfault disappeared
if I first set LC_NUMERIC to "en_US".
@Julien: Do your root and normal user accounts have different locales ?

Pantxo

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?44469