imshow problem under OS X

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: imshow problem under OS X
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 18:51:44 -0500

Hi all,

I was just testing my latest build of tip (i.e. 4.0.0-rc1+ as of yesterday). I tried loading a gif image using imread, no problem here, except that GraphicsMagick is compiled with a quantum depth of 8 bits under MacPorts. I had build a local copy GraphicsMagick using gcc 4.9 to build 4.0.0-rc1, as the clang based build fails, using the same default strings as the MacPorts build.

The problem came when I tried to display the image, i.e.

imshow(I)

The gui immediately crashed. So I thought I should try the same procedure using the 3.8.2 gui build using MacPorts: same result. I then went into the 3.8.2 cli and found the following:

octave:22> imshow(I)

multiplot> et termoption dashed
           ^
           line 0: invalid command