Re: [generate_html] Does anybody use generate_alphabet ?

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: [generate_html] Does anybody use generate_alphabet ?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:25:55 +0100

Le 16/03/2015 08:47, Søren Hauberg a écrit :
Den 15-03-2015 kl. 20:48 skrev Julien Bect:
Does anybody use generate_alphabet (from the generate_html package) ?

This function is "public" (i.e., not in the private directory) but has no documentation (not even a one-liner) and is missing from the INDEX.

I am not sure about what it supposed to do... My guess : it was used at some point to generate html pages for the alphabetical documentation of the OF site, but it isn't used any more (these pages are generated dynamically by functions_by_alpha.php, if I understand correctly).

If my guess is correct, I will remove this function from the next release of the package.

Please tell  me if I'm wrong.
It was indeed used for the alphabetical list. I do not recall if it is still in use (i.e. it might generate the database which is searched by 'functions_by_alpha.php', but I don't remember anymore).

No, these files are generated by generate_package_html using the private function get_alpha_database.

I think the function can be dropped, but this is based on very vague memories (sorry that I can't be more specific).

Thank you for your answer. I will wait for Carnë to confirm that it isn't used and then drop it.

@++
Julien