Re: Octave 4.0 call for translations

From: Armin Mueller
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 call for translations
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 21:46:05 +0100

David Rörich wrote:

    * Split by line number =>  [...]

Sounds feasible. Is there a third translator?

I guess it would be you, Andreas and me.

    * Split randomly => Everybody translates about 10 strings at a time.
    Then checkin and update in short intervals. There might be not too
    many collisions (OK, we already have some, e.g. for "Zoom In").

I agree that there shouldn't be a lot of collisions unless we work on
the same part of the file at the sime time.

Yes. It would be favorable to checkin in short iterations to avoid collisions, too.

The probability of collisions could be reduced if one works from top
to bottom and the other from bottom to top.

Right.

By the way, where do you check in? Certainly, just a bunch of people
can push changes to the repo?

According to the file log, Andreas and Torsten did most of the checkins. I don't have rights.

Regards,
Armin