Re: GSoC 2015: improving matrix funtcions

From: Antonio Pino
Subject: Re: GSoC 2015: improving matrix funtcions
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:39:48 +0100

al., 2015.eko marren 16a 21:28(e)an, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso igorleak
idatzi zuen:
> You can say "Matlab". It's evil, but it's not Lord Voldermort.

Understood, I will bear that in mind from now on.

> Can you understand any of the papers in this website?
>
>     http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/~higham/NAMF/

These are the reason it took me a while to answer: I wanted to spend a
little time reading them. That said, I think I will be able to implement
the algorithms described there to improve the functions.

Now, before doing anything else I will build octave. Any suggestions
will be welcomed.

Regards,

Antonio P.R.

PS:

> All the links are dead, but perhaps you can still find the articles
> otherwise.

I found the articles quite easily (freely available) from either the
authors' pages or public academic databases (citeseerX/science direct).
I may provide you with them if asked.