Re: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 1 available for ftp

From: Chechu Garguez
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 1 available for ftp
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:50:56 +0100

Good morning and sorry for the delay, we have built octave for 64bit indexing and computing on RedHatEnterprise 7.0.
There are some errors though

All the software that was in need to be rebuilt came from RHEL/EPEL sources.

-openblas-openmp64bits
-jit enabled
-GraphicsMagick - 32bit quantum

  PASS     12885
  FAIL        0
  XFAIL       14             -> Jit, Conv2.cc and max,cc
  SKIPPED     13         -> audiodevinfo, audioplayer, audiorecorder

------

Thanks for the effort, yours sincerly Jose

The first release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

In addition to the sources there is a binary installer for Windows.

I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely that this version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes. But please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please use that when reporting problems.