Request to get involved as a developer in the GNU Octave project

From: Fernando Serrano
Subject: Request to get involved as a developer in the GNU Octave project
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:36:09 -0600

Dear members of the GNU Octave project:

My name is Fernando Serrano I am an active researcher in automatic, control, mechatronics, robotics and I have used GNU Octave and other mathematical softwares for my work. I would like to ask you kindly to be part of your developer's team. I have skills in programing languages such as C++ and Java and even I am able to code in FORTRAN, Due to my experience I am interested to develop GNU Octave components, especially the following:

1. A GUI for the sisotool including the PID auto-tuning with several novel algorithms for different kinds of architectures (and other PID tuning techniques from my authorship) and other control techniques such as internal model control, model predictive control, loop shaping among others.

2. Actually I am working in a c++ library for the tuning of nonlinear systems by a fuzzy type-2 controller.

3. Actually I am working in a C++ library for particle swarm optimization.

Beside these projects I would like to propose to you in the future other projects related to:

1. Linear matrix inequalities solver (LMI) improving the actual optimization algorithms.

2. A numerical based simulation package for mechanical systems, multibody systems and robotics (Preferably with a graphical user interface )

So I would like to ask you kindly to be a part of your team and I am willing to work in these or other proposed projects. If your answer is affirmative please tell me the steps in order to start to work with you (beside the guidelines shown in the Octave webpage). I appreciate your help and I hope to keep in touch with you.

Regards
Ing. Fernando E. Serrano MSc. IEEE Member
Tegucigalpa, Honduras