Re: @example's as doctests

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: @example's as doctests
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:34:23 +0100

Am 28.03.2015 um 13:19 schrieb Colin Macdonald:
On 28/03/15 12:09, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
There
is only one thing which I am not happy with: I could only make the
following example pass by splitting it into three separate @example
blocks. Three @example blocks produce very poor formatting in the HTML
documentation because of big margins between them. So, there should be a
different solution.

This should work:

## @example
## x = infsup (1 + eps);
## y = nextout (x);
## z = infsup (1);
## intervaltotext (x)
##   @result{} [1.0000000000000002, 1.0000000000000003]
## intervaltotext (y)
##   @result{} [1, 1.0000000000000005]
## intervaltotext (z)
##   @result{} [1]
## @end example

Yes, this works. I would rather not be forced to change example because of doctest.

But I think I can easily change it to respect group so that the below
would work.  (And you also suggested this in your previous reply I
think).  Would that be fine from a formatting point-of-view?  IIRC, it
would only change pagination.

I'd prefer this solution. However, the current generate-html adds additional margins between @group blocks. They are smaller than the margins between @example + @group blocks, but still very big. According to texinfo the @group blocks should not add margins and only affect pagination. Can we fix this in the generate-html package?