Re: @example's as doctests

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: @example's as doctests
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:07:25 +0100

Am 28.03.2015 um 14:40 schrieb Julien Bect:
Le 28/03/2015 14:17, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :
Am 28.03.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Julien Bect:
Le 28/03/2015 13:34, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :
I'd prefer this solution. However, the current generate-html adds
additional margins between @group blocks. They are smaller than the
margins between @example + @group blocks, but still very big.
According to texinfo the @group blocks should not add margins and only
affect pagination. Can we fix this in the generate-html package?

Is it a problem with the HTML generated by the generate_html package, or
simply a problem with the CSS ?

Can you provide a patch ? Otherwise, can you point me to a specific
example of this problem (in the interval package, for example) ?

I investigated this further and found more unintentional <pre> blocks.
Probably, the generate-html package should strip the spaces in front
of @ macros at the beginning of lines. What do you think?

I though I had solved this problem :

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/generate_html/ci/c0ad0267e85bd1ec876469de30d7587c8aed8547/

Julien,

I have not followed your submissions recently. The tip version solves all problems. Well done!

Thus, only support for @group blocks in doctest is missing. doctest could use @end group as a separator between expected output and the next commands. However, this would be a little bit of a hack, because @group could also be used within expected output if it is very long. Any better ideas?

Oliver