Re: octave-4.0.0-rc2 windows binary seems to be uploded

From: Giorgio De Nunzio
Subject: Re: octave-4.0.0-rc2 windows binary seems to be uploded
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:07:23 +0200

Il 29/03/2015 15:49, Torsten ha scritto:
On 29.03.2015 15:27, Giorgio De Nunzio wrote:
Il 29/03/2015 07:46, tmacchant ha scritto:
**********************************************1) Italian translation
issue in
the command history panel: the tooltip
has a misprint, "Fare doppio click su un comando per trasferirlo nel
termianle", should be ".... nel terminale"
2) the GUI doesn't react to CTRL+C (I have almost broken the "C" key
while trying, during a loooong loop....); similar problems are described
here http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?37672
3) strange behaviour of the "pause" command with no parameter. The first
"pause" works (it waits until I press "enter"), the second doesn't (and
returns immediately), the third works, the forth doesn't... and so on;
without knowing anything about octave internal working, I'd suppose that
the CR+LF given by the "enter" key is acting as a double entry, so that
the CR makes the first "pause" to return, while the LF remains buffered,
and is eaten by the second "pause", which returns as soon as it is
issued.
Thank you very much.
Best regards
Giorgio
Please consider to file the above items to the bug tracker.

Regards

Tatsuro
Hi again,
thanks for the hint.
I have found:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
and I have signed up.
I have inserted the "pause" bug.
As to the CTRL+C problem, the "copy" meaning was hiding the "break"
behavior. I solved by redefining the "copy" shortcut to SHIFT+CTRL+C
(though I imaging there should be some out-of-the-box solution to the
problem, because many persons might encounter it).
I have not inserted a bug entry for the Italian translation problem,
because I don't consider it a true bug, and when I have some more time
I'll go and check how to correct translation files.
Thanks again
Best
Giorgio
Please file a bug for the Ctrl-C issue because the copy meaning should
not hide the break meaning and please describe exactly what is necessary
in order to reproduce the bug (e.g. text selected or not).
Thanks.

Torsten

OK Torsten, I'll do it. Moreover, I have reset octave preferences by
putting again "CTRL+C" as the "copy" shortcut, and now both seem to
work... I can copy if no m-file is running, and I can interrupt running
code if any!
So I need to start again on a newly installed octave where I have not
changed anything yet, and repeat the whole procedure so as to perfectly
check and describe it.
I'll do it as soon as possible.
Moreover, there is another small Italian translation issue, "genrale"
instead of "generale" in the preferences (a tab name). I'll compile a
(small, I hope) list of translation mistakes and file them all together
when finished.
Thanks
Ciao
Giorgio

--
Dr. Giorgio De Nunzio
Dipart. di Matematica e Fisica "Ennio De Giorgi", Univ. del Salento

---