Re: Windows 8

From: Giorgio De Nunzio
Subject: Re: Windows 8
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 18:31:42 +0200

Il 01/04/2015 18:19, John W. Eaton ha scritto:
Has anyone tested the Windows binary distribution of 4.0.0-rc2 on a
Windows 8 system?  I remember that there were reports of problems with
earlier versions and I'm wondering if those have been fixed. If not,
what were/are the problems?

jwe

Hi John,
I have started to test rc2 on w7 and w8.
On w8, apart from the same problems I am having on w7, i.e.:
1) in the GUI, ctrl+C for script interrupting is masked by ctrl+C for
copy, so scripts are not interruptible; there is a workaround by
shortcut redefinition;
2) pause() does not work as expected (quite severe bug imho),
I am also experiencing a problem concerning figure saving to disk. The
problem is not present on all the W8 pcs on which I have tried, only on
2 over 3 of them.
When I plot something, eg a trivial x=1:10;plot(x,x.^2); the plot is ok. When I save the image to a pdf file (which by the way and unfortunately
is the only available format), only the axes appear in the created pdf
file, no curve. This is really annoying, because at present on those pcs
the only way to take a plot and put it somewhere (e.g. a .doc file) is
by screen snapshots.
Best regards
Giorgio

--
Dr. Giorgio De Nunzio
Dipart. di Matematica e Fisica "Ennio De Giorgi", Univ. del Salento

---