Re: Interested in TISEAN package for GSoC

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Interested in TISEAN package for GSoC
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 03:34:25 +0200

Am 03.04.2015 um 05:04 schrieb Piotr Held:
> <mailto:address@hidden>>:
>     TISEAN is not maintained anymore, So inheriting bugs is just not good.
>     If TISEAN gets into Octave Forge I will take over maintenance with the
>     help of whoever is actively developing for it.
>     Also, I expect that in the long run TISEAN will eventually dissolve
>     into control, signal and tsa.
>
>     I will continue with the proposed methodology.
>

> Juan,
>
> I have tried to looked for functions in octave that correspond to the
> TISEAN programs. The results of my research I have put into a table that
> is accessible at the following link:
> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Josiah425:TISEAN_Package:Table_of_functions

I had only a quick look on this page but:

* The linkt to TISEAN doesn't work,. there is a stray | in the URL.
* av-d2, this is a simple MTA filter, use "filter" from core
* autocorr -> xcorr in core (with only 1 parameter)
* pca -> princomp in statistics
* sav_gol  -> sgolayfilt in signal package
* spectrum -> specgram in signal package?

-- Andy