Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: Jacopo Corno
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:20:30 +0200

Il 07/04/2015 20:12, Carlo de Falco ha scritto:

odepkg does have a maintener but its development moved out of sf into a separate repo.
Jacopo can you comment on the status of odepkg in general and odepkg in particular?
c.

The repository Carlo is mentioning is

https://bitbucket.org/robs88/octave-odepkg

The structure that was used in odepkg-0.8.4 was changed two years ago for SoCiS together with the introduction of geometric integrators. Some more info on the current version is here (http://geointegratorssocis.blogspot.de/)

More recently I cleaned up the code and modified it to allow all Matlab options to be used at least for the most commonly used solvers like ode45. The plan is to push these solvers to the core, but I still have to take care of adding those to the tracker.

Best,
Jacopo
Il 07/apr/2015 13:21 "Carnë Draug" <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 7 April 2015 at 11:30, tmacchant <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> Now control and image packages work on 4.0. Right?

Yes.

> I use the odepkg package in order to run Matlab code as it is.
> (ode45)
>
> If  odepkg does not work on 4.0, I have to write rapper to lsode or the code
> is modified to use lsode instead.
>
> Does anyone know of the state of the odepkg package?

The version on the repositories should work on 4.0.0.  But the package does
not have a maintainer that will clean it up and make a release.  So you could
use it but you'll have to prepare the package yourself.

Carnë