Re: Bring Pytave into core

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Bring Pytave into core
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:34:26 +0000

On 6 Apr 2015, at 19:02, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> True, that's what it currently does. But it's also implemented by
> directly calling the Octave C++ classes, and by two-way communication
> I mean that it already has routines for turning Python objects into
> C++ Octave objects and vice versa.

Cool, if it has potential for real two-way communication I guess that
is a really beneficial feature for Octave.

I don't know whether it is better to implement this in core or
as a separate package but in any case  having python as an additional
dependency for Octave does not sound as a big problem.

> This means that it can be used to
> implement Matlab's py classdef interface, which seems to me less
> natural than doing it by parsing over pipes.

c.