Re: Bring Pytave into core

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Bring Pytave into core
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:40:21 -0400

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 09:10:48 -0400, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> I started looking at building Pytave. It's very crufty, and much of it
> can be thankfully thrown out. I ran into problems with both Pytave and
> Octave having their own config.h file. I expect there will be further
> problems with the deprecation of the octave_map class, but these are
> not insurmountable problems.

I took a look at it while stuck at the airport this morning. Agree, very
crufty, but I managed to get most of it to build against 4.0.

It uses boost::python instead of the standard Python module API. I think
it would be preferable not to have that extra dependency on boost if we
could avoid it without too much trouble.

The bulk of the code is in the conversion between Octave and Python
types, and hopefully much of that can be reused.

--
mike