Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: c.
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:30:37 +0200

On 14 Apr 2015, at 13:13, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

> No.  They stay applied on both places.  If you pull changes from A and
> then push those into B, the changes are the same. Only if then you push
> more changes of your own on top of B, but then A just needs to pull them
> to become updated. That's just the nature of a distributed VCS.

No if I pull from bitbucket, merge my changes and push to OF my changes will
not be on bitbucket.

Of course someone can pull from OF and push to bitbucket afterwards,
but until that happens the two repos are indeed different.

And again I don't want to push anything to odepkg anywhere as I am not
its maintainer.

Indeed many complicated things can be done with distributed VCS, but just
because you can doesn't mean you should.

c.