Re: Questions about "configure" and "native graphics"

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Questions about "configure" and "native graphics"
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:07:44 -0400

On 04/22/2015 01:35 PM, Julien Bect wrote:
Le 22/04/2015 17:18, Michael Godfrey a écrit :
Running Octave (4..0.0-rc3) in GUI mode from a remote machine with a "broken" graphics system results in the GUI interface showing up as usual and commands working until a plot command (using qt), which locks the system. Something in the qt toolkit is locking.

Hello Michael,

I don't know exactly what "broken graphics" means, but the situation that you describe is exactly what I have observed.

@++
Julien

What I meant is either not present or, like Intel HD Graphics 6000, not correctly supported. In any case, not usable by Octave. When running remotely, so that the graphics hardware on the machine running Octave is not used, it would be better not to try to use it.

Michael