Re: Octave library version for release

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave library version for release
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:30:52 -0400

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 08:27:59 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> That's OK, I think this is something that should be done just before the
> release.  At least you remembered!  I suppose "update library versions"
> should be on a elease checklist somewhere.

Sounds good. I'm just the messenger though, have to thank Rafael and
Sébastien on the Debian packaging team for noticing this as part of
packaging rc3, all I did was confirm that I had seen this and work up
some examples to double check.

> I'm sure we've removed, changed, and added public interfaces to liboctave,
> liboctinterp, and liboctgui since the last release, so we should increment
> the first version number for all of the libraries and set the other two to
> zero as in the attached diff.

Yep, untested but I think that works.

What about the OCTAVE_API_VERSION string?

--
mike