Re: Is --enable-64 still experimental?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Is --enable-64 still experimental?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:36:57 +0100

On 30 April 2015 at 13:40, chechu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Good evening Carnë, thanks for your attention.
>
> We download the image stable branch revision *a524dd* from sourceforge, your
> last change is tagged as done two days ago.
>
> We do
> tar czf image-x.x.x.tar.gz octave-image
>
> and inside octave we run with success
> # pkg install -verbose image-x.x.x.tar.gz

A release is more than just a tarball of the repository.  What you did will
create a tarball that installs fine but it won't create a configure script.
Without the configure script, there src/Makefile won't be created, so none
of the C++ functions (such as bwlabeln) gets built and installed.

To mimic a release, cd into the repository and enter "make dist".  This
will create a tarball that you can install with "pkg install".  Look into
the Makefile and bootstrap at the root of the repository if you are
interested in details.

Carnë