Re: GCC 5.1.0 in mxe-octave

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: GCC 5.1.0 in mxe-octave
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 14:58:55 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> I updated mxe-octave and noticed that GCC has been updated to 5.1.0.  Is
> this necessary for some bug fixes?  If not, I'd prefer to stay at the
> previous version for the Octave 4.0.x releases.

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?44998

gcc 4.9.2 used to work fine until (I think) the change was made on the host
side (Linux) to have a combined 32/64 bit cross-gcc to be able to compile
nsis for 64 bit Octave.
However it appears that the so produced binaries turned out to be
incompatible with the 64-bit only native gcc for the Windows side, leading
to intractable bugs.

Philip