Re: Wanna join the development mailing list

From: Mike Miller
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 23:27:33 -0400

Hi Alex, please bottom-post on this mailing list, and please always
reply to the list so others can offer help and benefit.

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 14:56:23 +0800, Alex Lam wrote:
> Dear Mike,
>
> I only know C/C++ and have been using Matlab for numerical calculation of
> some ODEs, I think I can start with doing some small scale debugging or
> develop some small .m file, what do you think I should go first?

I offered some resources in my original reply, please browse through
them, you may see some ideas there for projects or small tasks to get
started on.

You could browse through the bug tracker [1], we have plenty of open
bugs that you could help with fixing, testing, or reproducing.

If you have a specific function or set of functions that you find
particular useful or relevant to the ways you use Octave, you could look
for open bugs on those functions, work on some needed improvement, or
even start with reviewing documentation or test cases.

If you have not yet built Octave yourself, you should familiarize
yourself with how to clone the development branch and compile it.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

--
mike