Re: laguerre.m functions in specfun package

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: laguerre.m functions in specfun package
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 22:48:07 +0100

On 07/05/15 20:10, Carnë Draug wrote:
On the specific
case of specfun, sometimes is the symbolic package, other cases it's Octave
core.  All the ones that would belong to core have been moved there in the
last few years, only the ones for symbolic are missing.

+1 Except that we do not need to be obligated to put them exactly where Mathworks does: I personally think dirac.m and heaviside.m could happily live in core. (Although I'm also happy to carry them in Symbolic).

The only problem I have with this is symbolic's dependency on SymPy which
would be inflicted on users that are not actually interested on symbolic
computations.

Yes, we should be careful about that.

I will happily merge patches to symbolic for orphaned functions from specfun. Although in many cases, the symbolic version isn't there yet!

Colin