Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 12:52:05 +0100

On 9 May 2015 at 07:05,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> If I wanted to become a maintainer of one or more of the currently
> unmaintained packages, which would be the most useful ones to pick up?

"Most useful" will be user dependent.  If you want to become a package
maintainer you should pick one that you care about.  One that you use
regularly and whose content and subject you are familiar with.

If you wish to become a package maintainer, pick something that you enjoy
doing.  You will need to submit several patches, and these need to be
reviewed by others, before you get push access and the ability to prepare
package releases.

Carnë