Re: Citation format for Octave

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Citation format for Octave
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 07:43:41 +0200

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've at times cited
>
> @Article{eaton12,
>   Title                    = {{GNU Octave and reproducible research}},
>   Author                   = {John W. Eaton},
>   Journal                  = {Journal of Process Control},
>   Year                     = {2012},
>   Number                   = {8},
>   Pages                    = {1433-1438},
>   Volume                   = {22},
>
>   Abstract                 = {GNU Octave has been available for nearly two
> decades. During that time the scope of the project has grown from a simple
> interface to numerical tools intended for classroom use to a capable system
> with hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
>
> This paper provides an overview of the Octave project, summarizes some
> recently completed additions, and describes in detail the ways in which
> Octave may be used to perform reproducible research.},
>   Doi                      = {10.1016/j.jprocont.2012.04.006}
> }

The books/papers are not the only reference possible. One can cite the
software as well:

@misc{Octave,
author = {{John W. Eaton and others}},
title = {{GNU Octave}},
url = {www.gnu.org/software/octave/},
year = {2015}
}

alternatively the field authors can be
author = {Octave community}

this is the way I cite the software in my papers.