Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 09:25:16 -0400

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 02:59 -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> I don't really care about any of them at the moment,

Unless you're the first exception I encounter, not having an initial
stake in the source code ensures that you will never contribute
anything to it.

That being said, in case you are the first person I meet who doesn't
care but will nevertheless contribute changes, reviving the
fixed-point arithmetic package would be great. It's gotten badly
bit-rotten, and is of interest to people working with certain digital
signal processing hardware.

- Jordi G. H.