Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:50:42 +0100

On 05/20/2015 07:25 AM, address@hidden wrote:
On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 02:59 -0700,address@hidden  wrote:
>>I don't really care about any of them at the moment,
>
>Unless you're the first exception I encounter, not having an initial
>stake in the source code ensures that you will never contribute
>anything to it.
>
>That being said, in case you are the first person I meet who doesn't
>care but will nevertheless contribute changes, reviving the
>fixed-point arithmetic package would be great. It's gotten badly
>bit-rotten, and is of interest to people working with certain digital
>signal processing hardware.
I care about maths and programming, but not particularly about how I apply
them.

The fixed package is generating a lot of type conversion errors for me,
I'll take a look and see if I can do anything about them.

Neil

Jordi,

I think that you placed a different interpretation on "I don't really care..."
It appears that he meant "I don't have a preference..."

It looks like he cares and is going to help. Nice to have someone who is
willing to work on anything that looks useful!!

Michael