liboctave capacity, length, nemel, and numel

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: liboctave capacity, length, nemel, and numel
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 18:56:45 +0100

Hi

at the moment, we have 4 Array:: methods to get the current number of
elements.  They are capacity, length, nemel, and numel.  What's the idea
behind them?  Are subclasses supposed to overload some of them differently?
I couldn't find any documentation for that.

We recently got a bug about Array::length not behaving the same length() at
the interpreter, which I think makes sense.  Changing the behaviour of
Array::length() would be bad for backwards compatibility but maybe not
having it at all would be a good idea.

Just like we deprecate stuff at the Octave interpreter because there's other
functions that do the same thing, should we be doing the same in liboctave?

Carnë