Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Unmaintained packages - becoming a maintainer?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 13:22:58 -0700 (PDT)

octave-2 wrote
>> On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 10:50 +0100, Michael Godfrey wrote:
>>> I think that you placed a different interpretation on "I don't
>>> really care..." It appears that he meant "I don't have a
>>> preference..."
>>
>> Yeah, I understood what he meant. I still stand by what I said. I have
>> never seen anyone who didn't deeply care about a particular aspect of
>> Octave or have a personal stake in what to do become a contributor.
>> Having general interest has not been enough.
>>
>> But I would *love* to be proved wrong.
>
> I've got as far as setting up a Jenkins build and writing a bit of blog
> about it here: http://www.neilhopcroft.com ...which I hope shows at least
> a little bit of interest in the project.

Sure it does, nice.

In your package list table I saw the mapping package listed as unmaintained.
Formally that is true, but currently I'm working on it and I want to make a
release "soon". ("Soon" in the mean time to be understood as ~ 6 months ago
:-)   but OK I didn't count in all kinds of personal and professional
distractions. Seems I'm often too optimistic)
I'm thinking of signing up as mapping package maintainer once that release
is out.

Philip